Last update: April 2012
At Windooshop, we recognize that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use Windooshop services and how we use that information, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard the information you share. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Personal information and other data we collect
- For most Windooshop services, no registration is required and we do not collect personal information. However, for some services (such as a "sale alert" service), we may require collecting personal information that can identify you, such as an e-mail, cell phone number, or other contact information.
- We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other Windooshop services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you. For example, if we see other users with similar interests, we might suggest content to you that you might like.
- Our servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- You may send email or other communications to Windooshop which may be used by Windooshop to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising. For example, if you would specify to receive e-mail alerts for "all sales on women's apparel", we would send an e-mail to you to notify you of the sale, and that e-mail may include a related advertisement.
- We may share your personal information with our carefully selected partners, such as mall operators and merchants, who have products or services that may be of interest to you. For example, if you have "reserved a product" at a particular merchant, we may share your personal information with that merchant so it may contact you about other products at its store. You may opt-out of these disclosures.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Windooshop technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated personal information (where information about an individual cannot be identified) with third parties outside of Windooshop, such as mall operators, merchants, and other individuals. For example, we may let many parties know what the "most popular searches for today" are.
- We may be required to disclose personal or other information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may use and share personal or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent potential fraud or other illegal or prohibited activity, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- We may offer certain programs and promotions through third parties. We may share your information with marketers or electronic commerce providers. You may opt-out of these disclosures.